Sunday, November 29, 2009

Made my plane reservations!!!

I seem to have missed the detail that American, where I have my frequent flyer miles, doesn't fly into Gatwick, so I'm flying into Heathrow. SAT to JFK 30 January 2010, JFK to LHR 31 January 2010, arriving 1 February 2010. Ready to make my B&B reservations now, but waiting b/c I have much other business this week.

1. Biometrics appointment at noon tomorrow.
2. Dental surgery at 1:30 Tuesday.
3. Call courier on Wednesday - - prepare visa package to be mailed to them.

The expats forum recommended A Briggs, but per their web site they are experiencing delays with UK visas currently, so it may be back to the one in Dallas recommended by UK Pro. I emailed Linde over the weekend asking her to resend me the list - - I believe she sent out a list of courier agencies and I would like further choices - - but I am at the point of having trouble remembering what I saw where. Need to touch base with Sam at Icon re Natwest Bank and with Dana at Animal Land. Hey wait, I can email both of them. Think I will do that now.

Oh yeah, I got some passport pictures at Walgreens today b/c they are required for the visa. Also printed off and filled out the separate "Tier 2" visa section. Getting the package ready to be sent off to the courier may be rather a lot of work, but at least hopefully if I do something wrong we will catch it sooner rather than later and can correct it.

Good thing being a social worker has gotten me used to paperwork!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment