Monday, November 16, 2009

Eventful day!!!

Woke up at 5 a.m. This is becoming a routine as I find I do not sleep well on Sunday nights knowing there is SO much to do on Monday mornings. Once I had a bit of caffeine in the system, I called the nice lady at NatWest bank in the UK (it was still morning there, 6 hours ahead), who told me what forms needed to be filled out and that they could NOT be done online as I needed to send in a notarized copy of my passport ID page. Printed the forms, filled them out, and took them to the UPS Store for copies and notarization. Then the post office to mail them (the automatic postage machine, which I've come to know so intimately, was on the fritz so I got to stand in line, but not too long.) Then to the grocery and while scanning my items I got a call from the nice pet mover lady, Dana. We chatted and I told her I would fax her the rabies certificate tomorrow - - which BTW I had picked up on the way to the UPS Store, as the vet had signed it in black ink after being told it HAD to be in blue ink, so they had to issue a new one, so I only had the correct one today anyway. When I got home, Dana had emailed me her phone numbers and it turned out I had put her number in my phone wrong - - I put the first number as a 5 and not an 8, simultaneously turning it into a non-toll-free number and making it impossible for me to reach her. URGGHH!!! I had suspected operator error on my part and that was readily confirmed. Came home, put away the groceries, and made a few more trips up and down the stairs as I am going to Best Buy tomorrow to return the laptop bag which is too small for my laptop (too bad, b/c Toby likes sleeping on it) and I now know they recycle electronics, and I am taking them the dead monitor that has been sitting in my office since about March. And had to take out trash and put some other stuff in my car and take some out. OK, then so far tomorrow I need to go back to the UPS Store and to Best Buy, and that's all I have scheduled SO FAR. Except for Jazzercise class tomorrow night. After the events of this morning, I was so verklempt that I was just lying on the bed watching TV when I got a text from my friend Johnnie, and was able to call her and have a lovely conversation before starting my shift. That was nice. Now I'm working but taking breaks to blog, check email and - - oh yeah, the HR lady sent my sponsorship number and UK Pro is supposed to be sending us info on what to do - - gotta apply for my visa. So checking email is a legit need, blogging not so much so - - but I knew today would be busy and it was, and I need to get my thoughts on paper so I can CONCENTRATE on work. Otherwise they just rattle around my head and distract me.

Did I mention I hate speech rec??? I'm voting for Susan's suggestion that all speech engines eat each other in the middle of the night. Oh well, I shan't be having to deal with it much longer.

Michael's still having problems with arm numbness that the Aggrenox blood thinner doesn't seem to be helping. He's seeing a neurologist Thursday.

Remember that old song, "R-O-C-K in the USA?" Mellencamp, long before Miley. In my head right now it's "Free Health Care in the UUUUUU-K!!" :)

Being over 50 in America is scary from the health point of view. It is to me, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you did have a busy day today! It looks like things are coming together (like I told you they would!). But I love your hints, so that when it is my turn, I'll know to make sure to hand a blue-inked pen to the vet...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really!!! I mean, this vet asked me if "I" had any paperwork for HER. Uh, no. The VETS provide the paperwork. When I talked to Dana today, we agreed that Toby is going back to Dr. Imshoff from here on out. Actually he doen't need another vet visit; he will only go there for boarding, and Dr. Imshoff will give him the tick and tapework treatment he needs 24 hours before boarding the plane. Dana doesn't even think we should apply for the EU cert yet, just in case my dates get pushed back again, since the certificate is only good for 4 months. At least I have the RIGHT phone number for her now and can reach her before I freak completely out!!!!!

    ReplyDelete