Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Relocating . . .

Email today from the relocation company including more info about how to bring about the move and locations of places to stay in and around Maidstone, Kent, if I can get in before 7 February, when KCC moves us to the Hilton in Maidstone. I'll email the relo company and let them know when to set up the movers here - - and then I guess I should hit the road b/c they'll be taking my bed, and Toby will be kenneled by then. Ideally, I'd like to have the movers here the 30th or 31st, catch a flight that night or the next morning to the East Coast, then fly on from there to the UK. I had thought about spending up to a week with fam and friends on the East Coast before crossing the Pond, but IDK at this point. That's starting to sound like not the best idea, and one night sounds like a good idea. The relo company is saying that the sooner I get to the UK the sooner they can get me sorted and we can make arrangements to get Toby over. It would be great if I could hook up my flat in the week before inductions start, which is what I was thinking of at one point. It's looking like maybe that is doable.

I'll have to confirm when the movers can be here before I can book my flight, which I've been antsy to do. Progress is being made though.

No comments:

Post a Comment