Sunday, November 1, 2009

Excess baggage

The relo company told me they would move my household goods as excess baggage and I had been wondering about it ever since. I noticed recently that I was not taking as much time as I needed to THINK about things; I seem to do my best thinking in the car (and/or overnight) and had not driven since talking to them Thursday. So, tonight I got in the car and went to run a couple errands, and had the epiphany that I could google "excess baggage." I did and here's a link I found:

http://www.excess-international.com/removals_to_the_uk/removals_to_the_uk.php

Woo-hoo!!! So it looks like what I want will be available, which is packing on this end and unpacking on the other end!!! (I had packers for my move from Austin to San Antonio but not UNpackers, and as a result it took a looong time to feel set up in this apartment.)

Not to get too excited too soon, as I'll still hafta talk to the relo company and this may not be the partner they use, but I feel better about the process. Also spent some time looking into how I'm getting from the airport to Ashford - - looks like bus (coach) city. Long story short, high speed rail is faster, but doesn't provide for luggage, which buses do.

Oh, yippee. I'm feeling a sense of control right now. Will enjoy it while I do cuz it comes and goes at this point!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment