Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Visa time

We have our sponsorship numbers and can apply for our visas. UK Pro sent out more info tonight. They want us to use courier services to get our visas through faster. I had already talked to one service they had recommended earlier (yesterday?) and was a bit underwhelmed, but they posted lots more in the info they sent this evening. First we apply online for our visas, which involves gathering a lot of info - - I have it all but I don't know how long it will take. After we do that and pay the fee (EXPENSIVE - - over 200 pounds UK), we get an appointment at the local center to get biometrics. TG there is one in San Antonio and in reality you don't hafta wait for an appointment - - you can just walk in.

I'm hoping to get the visa applied for by the end of the weekend and go to the biometrics center next week before Turkey Day. If I do that, I can have my paperwork ready by December 1 to go to a courier or directly to the British consulate in Los Angeles (that's where apps from Texans go.)

Meanwhile, my cell phone died yesterday and that is hobbling communications. I HOPE to get a new one Friday, but of course it may take longer. Credo shipped it yesterday. Apparently no one can even leave messages on my cell at this point. I know NatWest has to call me soon - - I'm pretty sure there is a UK number on my phone where someone has tried to reach me but I don't know who it was. The NatWest app only went out Monday so I wouldn't think it would be them. Could have been Amanda from the moving company as she did email me that she couldn't reach me, but she is still working on quotes anyway. She can email me if she's ready to chat and we can set up a time.

So today I went to the pain management doc, went to Commando Babes, worked a full schedule and talked on the phone to a courier agency. Not bad. The expats forum is overwhelmingly in favor of using a courier, so I will do so. UK Pro says the council will probably reimburse me. I'm gonna hafta ask them if they are gonna reimburse expenses in addition to the retention bonus. I still hafta work hard to get enough money up front, but it would ease my mind if I knew I was gonna get more of it back. Ah well, one day at a time.

I feel great after working out, but it only lasts a couple hours. Rats. I need more endorphins. I did get some good news tonight about a long-term project, so that helped. Honestly, I would feel so much better if I didn't hafta work right now and could focus on moving tasks and LIFE tasks, but that's not gonna happen. Gotta put on my big girl panties and deal. I still usually can't get the lines on the new platform that I think I should be able to and I'm not sure why.

Loving this new Pet-Ease Paw-Gel for Toby!!! Also finally got a notepad and extra pens for my purse. I need to jot down a LOT of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment