Thursday, December 24, 2009

30 more days to work in the US . . .

January 24 is my last work day in the States, and that's 30 days from today!!! Woohooooo!!!!!

Made an appointment for Wednesday, December 30 with the last vet who saw Toby. All she has to do is sign the EU certificate paperwork attesting that he was healthy when she saw him. I hafta bring in his rabies tests and titers, with his microchip number on all that paperwork, and she has to sign the EU paperwork as a USDA-certified vet. Then I Fed Ex all that off to the USDA in Austin with $111.00 and a self-addressed envelope. They Fed Ex me back Toby's EU certificate in a day or two. All this paperwork goes with him when he goes into boarding January 27. When he is ready to fly, after I get settled, he has tick and tapeworm treatment within 24-48 hours of getting on the plane. Then he flies to the UK and the pet movers bring him to my flat.

I REALLY hate being away from him, and hope I can get settled quickly so he can get over to the UK more quickly. He's being so lovey-dovey lately. Well, he always is. He is definitely Mommy's boy and I will miss him sooooooo much. Him and Michael. I can't think about that these days without crying. Of course I'll be busy, but I just hate the thought of leaving my very fave males in the entire universe . . . even if it's only briefly . . . . . :(

No comments:

Post a Comment