Sunday, May 16, 2010

There's a dead bird in my garden.

At least Toby didn't do it. There are a lotta cats in this neighborhood though.

I'm in the midst of putting all the art work that won't look right on my walls in this place into the garage and keep having to step over the bird. I have cleaned up dead birds before but just can't bring myself to deal with this one.

Tomorrow at 1730 some people are coming to give me an estimate on care for the front and back gardens. I knew I was meant to do garden care but the combo of cold weather and work busyness caused me to have it go off my radar. There's a lawnmower in the garage but it belongs to the landlord. I could probably buy a push mower for the front and some weed killer for the back and get by, but I'm going to take advice first.

We had such lovely spring weather for a while but now it's getting all cloudy again and has been showering intermittently the last week or so. At least I haven't had to wear gloves this weekend as I did last weekend.

I hope the dead bird wasn't the parent of birdlets but I'm positive it was. I know there are lots of nests in this neighbourhood because it is a long established one.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment